COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Infected people have had a wide range of symptoms reported – from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
1: Fever or chills
3: Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
5: Muscle or body aches
7: New loss of taste or smell
8: Sore throat
9: Congestion or runny nose
10: Nausea or vomiting
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19.
If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
2:Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
4:Inability to wake or stay awake
5:Bluish lips or face
For informational purposes only. Consult your local medical authority for advice.
Stay informed: go.ncsu.edu/covid-19
Up-dated March 16, 2020
Happy Acres Farm takes the well being and health of our animals, management, workers and customers VERY serious.
As of June 11, 2020, the following requirements will be enforced to access our farm.
ALL persons, regardless of age, will be required to complete a questionnaire as follows:
- 1. Have you had or been around ANY person diagnosed with Covid-19
- 2. Are you showing any of the listed symptoms. (See symptoms)
- Your temperature and time taken will be recorded with a non-contact thermometer and recorded on you visit form.
Any persons temperature over 98.7 will not be allowed to stay on the farm, and must leave immediately.
- All persons e-mail address and phone number will be required in the event of any later issues for your date of picking.
This information will be kept on file, we do not sell, share or distribute our customer information !
What WE are doing to make your visit safer
- 1: We will provide hand sanitizer,
- 2: All workers will wear a mask at all times, any person handling money will wear protected gloves or sanitize their hands each time money is touched.
- 3: All surfaces touched will be regularly disinfected with a mixture of 5 tablespoons of bleach and one gallon of water.
- 4: We will provide a shaded area with cold, clean water for drinking, only disposable cups are allowed.
What YOU can do to make your visit safer
- 1: Maintain a 6 foot distance from other pickers and persons.
- 2: If you start showing ANY of the systems of Covid-19, please see management and leave immediately.
- 3: It is REQUIRED that all persons entering the orchards sanitize their hands before entering and leaving.